A few years ago I was in a relationship that wasn’t supportive of me. I was unsupported as to who I am, what I believe in, my wants and needs as well as what I wanted to achieve. It wasn’t long before I realised that I was, and very quickly, loosing my own identity.
I found myself terribly unhappy and waking up with anxiety on most days; which drained my energy leaving me tired and lethargic. I also found that I was loosing my confidence and thus not trusting my decisions or ability to make decisions.
My relationship with my-self began to diminish. My self worth decreased as did my self love and self respect. Resulting in me almost sabotaging the very things that were and are important to me. Luckily I was studying kinesiology at the time and despite my conscious mind not wanting to see certain things, thank body my did and revealed the stresses and impact they were having on me.
Alchemy derives from the Greek word khemeia which means “art of transmuting metals.” The Alchemist’s vocation was mainly two things: 1. transforming base metals into gold; and 2. seeking the elixir of life. Such an elixir would give everlasting life and cure sickness.
Simplified alchemy is transforming something that is dull into something precious and finding the key to a happy and long life. Therefore Self Relationship Alchemy is transforming the how we interact with ourselves. Treating ourselves with great love, value and precious-ness! As well as living a happier life which most likely leads to a longer life!
For many (women in particular) the “self” relationship, being such things as self-confidence, self-belief, self-worth, self-love and self-respect is often non existent. The lack of such qualities is seemingly acceptant just as “the way they are” and it isn’t until enormous pain and unhappiness occurs that they consider transforming this.
Your relationship with yourself is reflected in ALL other areas of life. Finances, friendships, relationships, career, environments. What you do and don’t attract in life. So if you are attracting people and situations that are less than you deserve and/or want, consider how the relationship with yourself is.
Ways to Alchemise your Self Relationship
- Set boundaries: Where are you limits of what you are willing to accept. Be clear on what behaviours, communication and interaction is acceptable for you to receive from others.
- Be Courageous: Once you know what you are and aren’t willing to accept them you need to be brave and speak up. Let others know that what they are doing isn’t OK and that you need it to change.
- Loving Activities: Do more of the things you love doing. Those things perhaps you haven’t done for while and those activities that make you happy when doing them.
- Attention Placement: What are you focusing on? It is empowering or dis-empowering? What “stories” are you telling yourself which are stemming from a perception rather than fact?
- Build confidence “muscle”: Confidence is like building a muscle, it takes time and repetitive activities. So start small and let it build!
- Stop loathing activities: Do less of the things you dislike doing. Better still outsource them or just stop doing them!
- Inspiringly Align: Read quotes, books, insights anything that lifts up your spirit and transforms your day.
- Resonate Essences: Find the right essence/s for you and start taking them. I’ve found them to tranformative!
- Treat yourself as you treat others: Often we treat others better than ourselves, so start interacting with yourself as if you were another. Actually treat yourself better than that!
- See your Kinesiologist: OK, this one is a bit cheeky! However in my practice I have been able to help my clients uncover the patterns and blockages that impede them from alchemising their “self” relationship.
More importantly I have given my clients tools and techniques to clear them clear such blockages so that they are empowered having self confidence, love, respect, worth and self belief.
Know you are not everyone’s cup of tea and that there will be people who won’t like you, who won’t agree with who you are or with what you do. In my experience, in most cases, this happens when that person is projecting their own “stuff” rather than owning it.
Whatever the case is, the stronger you are within yourself, the more you know who you are, love and accept all aspects of who you are …. what others think simply won’t matter.
Also the more that you invest into your “self” relationship you will find that your external world will reflect this and that you will attract more of what you deserve and desire.
We have both face to face and skype sessions available. If you are interested in scheduling a session with us please click on this link: http://www.theinnersageaustralia.com/appointments/